Experiential Travel Training for Operators
October 30 – November 1, 2017
Terrace Bay, Ontario
What is this training workshop? An interactive 2-day workshop for 12 tourism operators which will provide tools and insights you need to design and deliver high yield tourism experiences… tourism experiences that showcase the stories, cuisine and culture unique to your business and to the North.
Why should you attend? Would you like to extend your visitors’ stay? Attract new types of visitors? Are you ready to create and deliver an experiential travel tourism offer that reflects your unique story, cuisine or culture?
If you said ‘yes’ then this is the workshop for you!
Who should attend? Any private sector tourism businesses, not-for-profit operations, public sector organizations interested in and ready to invest in the design and delivery of experiential offers. The target group operates along or near the North Shore of Lake Superior in support of Lake Superior touring routes.
What will I learn?
• The value experiential travel can add to your operation
• The difference between a tourism product and an experience
• How to get started on an experience for your operation, with the intent of enhancing existing product to better meet the needs of visitors and generate higher profits
• How other businesses have embraced and benefitted from evolving their product into enhanced tourism experiences
Where is it?
• Terrace Bay, in the heart of the North Shore of Lake Superior
• Training Venue: Terrace Bay Library Workshop Room
When is it? Early evening Monday, October 30th to mid-afternoon Wednesday, November 1st.
• THE COURSE, INCLUDING ALL TRAINING MATERIALS, PROGRAMMING AND SELECT MEALS IS AT THE LOW COST OF $100.
• Participants are responsible for booking their own travel arrangements and accommodations.
Application Deadline: October 16th, 2017. Space is limited so apply early.
Questions? Send TEN an email at firstname.lastname@example.org