This intense multi-day workshop for operators and community partners immerses participants in the ‘what’ and the ‘how ‘ of experiential travel. A limited number of workshops hosted annually by TEN.
Registration is now closed! Check back regularly for future training offers.
Moving Tourism in Your Community from Ideas to Action
November 14th – 15th, 2017
Thunder Bay, Ontario
What is the training workshop?
A one-and-a-half-day experiential travel training workshop designed to inspire Northern Ontario tourism stakeholders to create and build upon existing partnerships to develop new, or enhanced, visitor experiences to foster increased visitation and revenue to their respective communities.
Why should you attend?
• Do you want to take your community’s visitor experience to the next level?
• Does your community or destination have a high-level plan in place but need a detailed action or implementation plan?
If you said ‘yes’ then this is the workshop for you because WE WANT TO SEE TOURISM IN YOUR COMMUNITY MOVE FROM IDEAS TO ACTION!
Who should attend? Small groups of 3 or 4 participants per community/destination. These participants can include:
• Community stakeholders
• Municipal and/or City senior staff
• Community champions
• Senior employees/owners directly involved with decision-making, planning, operational and/or management activities
• Operators engaged in community/destination development
What will you learn?
• Learn the fundamental elements of experiential tourism and gain an understanding of the traveller decision making process
• Learn how to best position your community to capitalize on available tools
• Gain an understanding of the players involved in the successful delivery of experiential tourism
• Identify your community/destination’s gaps and assets
• Understand the importance of providing relevant, captivating, saleable online content to potential travellers
• Establish key performance indicators
• Identify priority areas for product and service development
• Create an action plan to develop and implement your objective
Where is it?
• Thunder Bay
• Training Venue: Participants will be sent the venue details once their registration is confirmed.
When is it? November 14th – 15th, 2017 (just prior to the Northern Ontario Tourism Summit in Thunder Bay).
• THE WORKSHOP, INCLUDING ALL TRAINING MATERIALS, IS OFFERED AT THE LOW COST OF $100!
• Accommodations: Rooms have been reserved at the Valhalla Inn, Thunder Bay at a cost of $119 (+HST)/night. Participants are responsible for booking their own travel arrangements and accommodations.
Application Deadline: November 10, 2017
Registration is now closed.
Questions? Send TEN an email at email@example.com