What is the workshop?
This workshop is designed for community partners along the proposed touring route from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Thunder Bay, Northern Ontario to:
- Learn more about the proposed touring route
- Learn how to get involved in the route development
- Identify key players involved in the delivery of a touring route
- Learn the fundamentals of experiential travel
- Learn how to improve and enhance the visitor experience along the route
- Learn how to best position your community along the touring route to capitalize on available assets
- Identify priority areas for development
- Identify your community’s assets and gaps
- Create a detailed action plan to develop and implement your touring route goals
- Build the network of touring route partners
Why you should attend:
- Your community is located along the proposed touring route
- You want to be actively involved with the development of the Winnipeg-Thunder Bay touring route
- You want to take your community’s touring visitor experience to the next level
- You want to increase the number of touring route visitors and their length of stay in your community
- Your community or destination has a high-level plan in place as part of the touring route but needs a detailed action or implementation plan to move forward
Who should attend?
In order to facilitate productive discussion and on-site planning, we encourage more than one representative from each community/stakeholder group to attend. Groups of 3-4 work best. These participants can include:
- Community stakeholders
- Municipal and/or City senior staff
- Tourism and/or Economic Development officers
- Touring route managers
- Destination development managers
- Community champions
- Tourism professionals
- Tourism business owners along or near a route
- Operators engaged in community/destination development
Need help identifying your co-community representatives? We can help! Contact Tourism Excellence North at 705-523-2228 or TEN@destinationnorthernontario.ca for any assistance.
More workshop learning objectives!
- Gain an understanding of the traveller decision making process
- Understand and identify the players involved in the successful delivery of experiential tourism
- Understand the importance of providing relevant, captivating, saleable online content to potential travellers
- Establish key performance indicators
- Identify priority areas for product and service development
- Create an action plan to develop and implement your objectives
Where is it?
- Sioux Narrows, Ontario
- Training Venue: Sioux Narrows Community Centre (5685 Hwy 71 Sioux Narrows)
When is it?
January 15th – 16th, 2020
- THE WORKSHOP, INCLUDING ALL TRAINING MATERIALS, IS OFFERED AT THE LOW COST OF $100 per person!
- Participants are responsible for booking their own travel arrangements and accommodations.
Questions? Send TEN an email to TEN@destinationnorthernontario.ca