Where: Southern Ontario – Toronto, Peterborough and the Kawarthas
When: Monday, April 17th – Thursday, April 20th, 2023
What is a Best Practices Mission? A Best Practices Mission (BPM) is a working trip that showcases success stories from other leading travel destinations. The BPM connects you directly with entrepreneurs of all sizes that are leaders in attracting and serving international visitors. You will see, experience and talk, peer-to-peer, about their successes and challenges. BPMs are one of the best ways to be inspired and to learn.
BPMs are just one of the practical and relevant tools presented by Tourism Excellence North to strengthen and improve tourism across Northern Ontario.
Who Should Attend? The International Visitors’ BPM is designed specifically for decision-makers and managers from tourism operations across Northern Ontario wishing to expand or grow their share of the international travel market.
Where? Toronto, Peterborough and the Kawarthas. This 4-day trip will start and end in Toronto, Ontario.
Why Southern Ontario? The City of Toronto is a gateway for international visitors from around the globe.
Businesses of all sizes, in Toronto and the surrounding area, welcome millions of international travellers each year. The surrounding area is also home to key receptive tour operators, airlines and other tourism booking providers.
Specific Learning Themes Include:
• Understanding the travel trade distribution and pricing
• Contracting with travel partners
• Diversifying your market mix to include the international market through product, experience and facility innovation
• Marketing and selling to the international traveller direct or through online channels
• Selling internationally in a “shared economy”
• Your partners in the international space.
What will happen on this mission? You will:
• Start off with an in-depth look at the various opportunities available to you and your business. A 2-hour workshop on Day 1 provides an overview of the many options for attracting international visitors and the groundwork to effectively assess what options would be the best fit for your tourism business.
• Participate in a variety of unique on-site tourism experiences designed to appeal to international travellers from both a visitor and management perspective. These businesses range in size and type from large, branded operations to small family run businesses. All the businesses we will meet with get their share of the global market and tap into these opportunities quite differently.
• Connect with tourism industry leaders who successfully sell Ontario to the world.
• Spend time with Northern Ontario colleagues.
• Take home actionable tourism improvement ideas and tasks.
Who is Leading the Mission? Eva Gutsche, STEM Consulting and TEN Trainer
Eva has extensive experience working with the international market from a variety of perspectives. As a tourism operator Eva worked globally attending a variety of international trade shows, trade missions and partnered sales trips with provincial tourism offices and airlines. Most recently her focus has been working
with Destination Canada with a primary focus on the Canadian Signature Experience program.
When: You are expected to arrive Sunday, April 16th in Toronto, where the trip begins and ends. The trip begins early morning Monday, April 17th to early afternoon Thursday, April 20th, 2023. A more detailed Agenda will be provided closer to the trip date.
Cost: Participant Trip cost is $750 / individual.
This cost will cover all travel, accommodation, set meals and activity fees during the four-day trip. Additional discretionary spending will be the responsibility of participants. Participants are responsible for travel arrangements and related costs to/from Toronto, Ontario and their Sunday night hotel stay.
The ideal participant represents a business wishing to expand into the international market or is an industry partner who assists tourism businesses in their development.
Deadline for Application: February 28th, 2023. The application is done by online form.
Participant Trip fee of $750 due at time of registration (by credit card).
Not sure if you’re a fit for this trip or you want to know more?
For more information, contact Karen Peacock, Senior Coordinator, Workforce Development and Industry Training, Destination Northern Ontario at: email@example.com or 705-523-2228